3 Compound Exercises for a Full-body workout!!
For those of you who lead a hectic lifestyle and don’t think you have time to build a kick-ass body, think again. The simple solution to your dilemma is combination compound training.
This style of strength training quickly builds muscle mass and dramatically enhances overall fitness while strengthening the body as a whole.
Performing compound exercises will help you save time as well as increase your power and endurance. This is because compound movements hit numerous muscle groups as you perform multi-joint movements through a range of motion.
Here are three great compound movements to get you in superior shape without spending hours at the gym:
COMPOUND EXERCISE 1: SQUAT (or jump into lunge) INTO LUNGE
COMPOUND EXERCISE #2: CLEAN INTO FRONT SQUAT
Target muscles: Quadriceps, shoulders, and calves
– Lift the barbels from the rack/ground and ensure the weight isnt overloaded.
– Lower yourself into a squat and hold the bar in front of your shins with a shoulder-width, overhand grip.
– Then shrug your shoulders as you pull the bar straight up and rise onto your toes.
– As the bar approaches chest height, bend your knees and swing your elbows forward to catch the bar in your fingers.
– While keeping your elbows high, lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the floor, then push back up and lower the bar to the starting position.
Perform 12-15 reps x 8 sets
COMPOUND EXERCISE #3: DEADLIFT (or Squat) INTO BICEP CURL
Target muscles: Quadriceps, shoulders, calves, and biceps
– Squat down and grasp a barbel with a shoulder-width or slightly narrower underhand grip.
– Standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, your knees slightly bent, and your back straight, draw your abs in and lift the bar by extending hips and knees to full extension.
– Then curl the bar by bending at the elbows, bringing your wrists to your shoulders and keeping your elbows in a locked position.
– Extend your arms and return the bar to the standing position at your thighs.
– Return to the starting position by bending at the waist and bringing the bar back down to just above the floor.
Perform 10-12 reps x 6 sets
At Custom Bodies Fitness and Massage, We provide more than just massage therapy. We believe in whole body health and wellness and fitness recommendations (if needed) will always be a part of our client sessions.
If you found this article useful, share it with others and check out Resistance Band Fitness For Bullet-Proof Shoulders!
Thanks for stopping by!