Description of Massage Treatments
Sports Massage – What exactly is it?
Sports massage is a form of massage therapy originally geared toward participants in athletics. It is used to help prevent injuries, to prepare the body for athletic activity and maintain it in optimal condition, and to help athletes recover from workouts and injuries.
Sports massage goes beyond promoting relaxation and pain relief. It can help improve performance and prevent injury – in addition to helping the body recover from injuries associated with physical activity.
Sports can be repetitive, especially for runners, cyclists, racquet sports players and weightlifters. Sports massage helps release that muscle tension and promote tissue repair and muscle balance for a safer next workout.
If you are looking for proven experience in the application of Sports Massage in Edmonton, Alberta, Custom Bodies Fitness and Massage specializes in deep tissue massage, therapeutic massage and sport massage.
Our team of massage therapists all the following qualifications:
- 2200+ hours and Massage Therapy Diplomas (licensed and registered)
- Advanced Sport Massage Certification
- Advanced Orthopaedic Massage Certification
- IASTM (instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization) Certification
- Dynamic Cupping Massage Certifications
- STR (Soft Tissue Release) – Level 1 Certification
Our team of massage therapists all the following experience
- RedBull Medical Team Massage Therapists
- Team USA – U21 Rugby – Massage Therapist
- Edmonton Prospects Baseball Club – Intern Massage Therapist
- Athletic Sponsors for Massage – Local Grass Roots Athletes, Provincial, National and International Level Athletes
- Local Boxing Club – Biweekly sessions with Athletes and Events
- Local Cheer Club – Athletic Events for Charity
- Brent Saik Longest Hockey Game 2018 – For Alberta Cancer Foundation – Massage Therapist
- Seniors Health and Wellness Events – Massage Therapist
- MEC Events – Massage Therapist
- Special Populations Events – special olympics and seniors events
- Mizuno Canada – Providing Sports massage to coaches and referees in the Mizuno “Blue Room” at the 2018 Canadian National Volleyball Championships.
Sports Massage is more than a treatment for injuries, sports massage produces overwhelming benefits for athletes physically, physiologically, and psychologically.
It is important to choose your sports massage therapist wisely. Reach out to us at Custom Bodies Fitness and Massage to discuss your individual athlete’s needs, your teams needs or your to discuss your sporting event.