What is Sports Massage?
Sports massage blends Swedish massage strokes and compression, pressure-point therapy, cross-fiber friction, joint mobilization, stretching, range of motion techniques and the use of modalities. Basically, a maintenance sports massage is a deep tissue massage with a little bit extra.
Sports massage can help prevent those nagging injuries that so often get in the way of performance and achievement. Each type of sport has different demands on the body and how the muscles are used, sports massage is designed to address those specific needs. It can also help strained muscles, and allow the healthy ones reach peak performance and while reducing the risk of injury. Sports massage can be applied to anyone; active people or once a week joggers…..grass roots level athletes right up to our national and international athletes and at Custom Bodies Fitness and Massage you will find that all of our therapists have the passion, the experience, the understanding of sport massage to do it right every time.
Is Sports Massage right for you?
- Do you play sports?
- Are you a competitive athlete?
- Are you a regular at the gym?
- Are you someone who sits at a desk all day?
- Do you perform repetitive movements in your job?
- Do you drive or sit for long periods of time during your day?
- Are you that “weekend warrior”?
Does your body ache from a long day at work?
Benefits of Sports massage:
- Relieves muscular tension from over use
- Reduces soft tissue inflammation
- Reduces chronic pain
- Reduces chance of injury
- Increase range of motion
- Improves flexibility
- Improves circulation
- Improves performance